Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Good Time Magazine article

Time Magazine Analysis
Time Magazine has a surprisingly even-handed analysis of both candidates' plans on a variety of domestic issues. Read it here. I particularly like the beginning paragraph:
In most elections in which the incumbent enjoys an economy with a healthy 3% annual growth rate, home ownership at record levels, and inflation and interest rates that are well within control, the economy's performance wouldn't be a problem.
Personally, I think the article shows that Bush has more specific ideas about domestic issues. Many of Kerry's proposals are summed up as "no specific plan, but will rein in government spending..." or something to that effect. Anyone really believe a Kerry administration would do any "reining" in of spending?

War
What is Kerry's position on the war? December 16, 2003 he says this:
And I also believe that those who doubted whether Iraq or the world would be better off without Saddam Hussein, and those who believe we are not safer with his capture don’t have the judgment to be President – or the credibility to be elected President.
Read the full text of the talk here.

Then, yesterday (September 6, 2004) he sneaks a line from the old Howard Dean speeches and says
"It's the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Read the news article here. Funny, I couldn't find any mention of that quote on CNN.com.

So, what exactly is his position?

No comments: